Amaretto Cheese Danish
- 3 ounces cream cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 1/4 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 tablespoon chopped almonds
- 1 (10 ounce) can refrigerated pizza dough
- 1 egg white
- 1/2 teaspoon water
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- 2 teaspoons milk
- Heat oven to 425 degrees F. Coat a cookie sheet with nonstick spray and set aside.
- In a small bowl beat the cream cheese, almond extract and confectioners'
sugar until smooth. Stir in chopped almonds and set aside.
- Open the can of dough and roll into a rectangle. Spread the cream cheese mixture
over the dough to within 1/4-inch of the edges.
- Start at one end and roll up, firmly pinching the edges and ends to seal. Slice
crosswise into 20 small cylindrical pieces. Place on prepared cookie sheets.
- In a small bowl combine egg white and water mixing to combine, brush over rolls
and bake for 12 minutes or until golden brown.
- In a small bowl, blend the confectioners' sugar, almond extract and milk
until smooth. Drizzle 1/2 teaspoon over each warm roll.
- Serve warm.