Apple Danish Braid
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/3 cup powdered sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup pecans, chopped
- 2 (8 ounce) packages refrigerated crescent rolls
- 2 Granny Smith apples, peeled, cored and thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- Heat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Into a 2-quart bowl, combine cream cheese and powdered sugar together and blend
well. Add the egg and mix until smooth.
- Unroll 1 package of crescent dough but DO
NOT separate. Place the longest sides of dough across width of 12 x 15-inch rectangle
baking stone or sheet. Repeat with remaining package of dough. Roll dough to seal perforations.
- On the longest sides of dough, cut 1 1/2 inches apart and 3 inches deep (there
will be 6 inches in the center to the filling). Spread half of cream cheese mixture
evenly over middle of dough. Place apple slices evenly arranged over cream cheese mixture.
- Combine sugar and cinnamon and sprinkle over apples. Scoop remaining cream cheese
mixture over apples, then sprinkle with pecans.
- To braid, lift strips of dough across mixture to meet in center, twisting each
strip one turn. Continue alternating strips to form a braid. Tuck ends under to seal at end of braid.
- Bake for 25-28 minutes or until deep golden brown. Remove from
oven; brush or drizzle maple syrup on braid.
Approximately 310 calories and 21 grams of fat per serving
Posted by Rudy2 at Recipe Goldmine April 26, 2001.
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.