Apple Danish Braid
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/3 cup powdered sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup
- 2 (8 ounce) packages refrigerated crescent rolls
- 2 Granny
Smith apples, peeled, cored and thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- Heat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Into a 2-quart bowl, combine cream cheese and powdered sugar together and blend
well. Add the egg and mix until smooth.
- Unroll 1 package of crescent dough but DO
NOT separate. Place the longest sides of dough across width of 12 x 15-inch rectangle
baking stone or sheet. Repeat with remaining package of dough. Roll dough to seal
- On the longest sides of dough, cut 1 1/2 inches apart and 3 inches deep (there
will be 6 inches in the center to the filling). Spread half of cream cheese mixture
evenly over middle of dough. Place apple slices evenly arranged over cream cheese
- Combine sugar and cinnamon and sprinkle over apples. Scoop remaining cream cheese
mixture over apples, then sprinkle with pecans.
- To braid, lift strips of dough across mixture to meet in center, twisting each
strip one turn. Continue alternating strips to form a braid. Tuck ends under to
seal at end of braid.
- Bake for 25-28 minutes or until deep golden brown. Remove from
oven; brush or drizzle maple syrup on braid.
Approximately 310 calories and 21 grams of fat per serving
Posted by Rudy2 at Recipe Goldmine April 26, 2001.