Breakfast and Brunch Recipes
- 2 loaves frozen bread, thawed
- 1 1/4 tablespoons butter
- 1 (10 ounce) jar apricot preserves or other favorite
- 1 pound bag walnuts, chopped
- 1 tablespoon Crisco
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Confectioners' sugar
- Work the 2 loaves together. Roll out on floured board to 1/4-inch thick. Spread butter over dough, then spread preserves (you don't need to use the whole jar). Put 1/2 of walnuts on dough. Roll up and place on large greased cookie sheet. Let rise until about half, then make 2 long 1-inch cuts in middle of dough and finish rising.
- Bake at 375 degrees F for 20 to 30 minutes.
- When cool, spread on icing, then sprinkle nuts all over.
- Mix together Crisco, butter and vanilla extract. Add confectioners' sugar. Mix well. Add enough milk to make it spreadable.