- 2 loaves frozen bread, thawed
- 1 1/4 tablespoons butter
- 1 (10 ounce) jar apricot preserves or other favorite
- 1 pound bag walnuts, chopped
- 1 tablespoon Crisco
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Confectioners' sugar
- Pastry: Work the 2 loaves together. Roll out on floured board to 1/4-inch thick.
Spread butter over dough, then spread preserves (you don't need to use the whole
jar). Put 1/2 of walnuts on dough. Roll up and place on large greased cookie sheet.
Let rise until about half, then make 2 long 1-inch cuts in middle of dough and finish
- Bake at 375 degrees F for 20 to 30 minutes.
- When cool, spread on icing, then sprinkle nuts all over.
- Icing: Mix together Crisco, butter and vanilla extract. Add confectioners'
sugar. Mix well. Add enough milk to make it spreadable.
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.