Breakfast and Brunch Recipes
Bakery Style Turnovers
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 egg yolk
- Dash of salt
- 3 tablespoons shortening
- Sift flour and salt together.
- Beat egg yolk and milk. When well blended, add flour and salt. Mix well and roll out 1/8-inch thick. Spread 1 tablespoon shortening over this. Fold in half and refrigerate for 15 minutes.
- Remove from refrigerator and repeat two more times, using 1 tablespoon shortening each time.
- Roll out and cut into squares. Use your favorite filling and fold squares into triangles. Brush tops with water and sprinkle with sugar.
- Place on a cooking sheet, and bake at 400 degrees F for 20 minutes.