Breakfast and Brunch Recipes
Banana Sticky Buns
Yield: 12 buns
- 3/4 cup brown sugar (packed), divided
- 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons soft butter, divided
- 36 pecan halves
- 2 cups Bisquick or
Biscuit Baking Mix
- 2/3 cup mashed ripe banana
- Heat oven to 450 degrees F.
- Place 2 teaspoons brown sugar, 2 teaspoons butter and 3 pecan halves in each of 12 medium muffin cups. Place in oven to melt sugar and butter.
- Stir baking mix and banana to a soft dough. Gently smooth into a ball on floured board. Knead 5 times. Roll into a 15 x 9-inch rectangle; spread with 2 tablespoons butter and sprinkle with 1/4 cup brown sugar. Roll up, beginning at long side. Pinch edge of dough into roll to seal.
- Cut roll into 12 (1 1/4-inch) slices. Place slices cut side down in muffin cups. Bake for 10 minutes.
- Immediately invert pan onto serving tray. Let pan remain a minute so butterscotch drizzles down over buns.
- Serve warm.