Bear Claws with Chocolate Filling
- Frozen dough for 8 rolls, thawed
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips (see note)
- 1/4 cup shredded coconut
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans
- Pat roll dough into 4-inch circles using a little flour to prevent sticking.
- In a small bowl, combine butter, brown sugar, chocolate chips and coconut. Place
2 tablespoons mixture in the middle of each roll. Fold in half and press edges to
seal. Place on baking sheet sprayed with nonstick cooking spray. Using scissors,
cut sealed edge four times to make claws.
- Brush with egg and sprinkle with pecans. Cover with sprayed plastic wrap. Let
rise for 30 minutes.
- Remove wrap and bake at 350 degrees F for 20 minutes or until golden brown. Immediately
place on a cooling rack.
We threw in more chocolate chips than the recipe calls for (because we
like chocolate - a lot of it). We used about 3/4 cup.
Posted by FootsieBear at Recipe Goldmine 6/15/01 4:44:31 pm.
Source: post-gazette.com - sent in by Helen Lamison
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.