Using refrigerated crescent rolls makes it fast and easy to enjoy these
favorite Bear Claws pastries.
- 2/3 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1/2 cup almond paste
- 1 egg, slightly beaten, divided
- Dash salt
- 1 (8 ounce) can refrigerated crescent rolls
- 2 to 4 tablespoons confectioners' sugar
- 2 tablespoons sliced almonds
- Combine 2/3 cup confectioners' sugar, almond paste, 2 tablespoons beaten
egg (reserve remaining egg for glaze), and salt; beat until smooth.
- Unroll dough to form two 13 x 4 inch rectangles. Press perforations to seal.
Spread almond mixture lengthwise down center third of rectangles. Fold uncovered
dough over almond mixture. Cut each strip into 4 pieces; place on greased cookie
sheet, seam side down. Brush surface with remaining egg and sprinkle with 2 to 4
tablespoons confectioners' sugar. On each piece, cut 4 slashes from one folded
edge to center, bending dough slightly to separate slashes. Sprinkle tops with almonds.
- Bake at 375 degrees F for 12-15 minutes until golden.