Big Blueberry Popover
Great for breakfast - a refreshing change of pace from muffins. Wonderful with
blueberries, but any berry can be used.
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon fresh ground nutmeg
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar, divided use
- 1 cup sifted white flour
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 cup blueberries or other berries
- Mix first 5 ingredients plus 3 tablespoon sugar in a large bowl. Stir in flour,
then eggs until just combined; let this batter stand for 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, mix remaining 1 tablespoon sugar and cinnamon in a separate bowl;
- Adjust oven rack to middle position and heat oven to 450 degrees F.
- Place berries in a buttered 9-inch pie pan. Pour batter over the berries; sprinkle
cinnamon-sugar over the batter.
- Transfer pan to the oven and bake for 20 minutes.
- Reduce oven temperature to 350 degrees F; bake until popover is firm and golden
brown, 15 to 20 minutes longer.
- Cut popover into wedges and serve immediately.
Source: Cook's Magazine, June 1990
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.