Blackberry Breakfast Bars
- 2 cups fresh or frozen blackberries or raspberries
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup quick cooking rolled oats
- 2/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine, melted
- For filling, in a medium saucepan combine berries, sugar, water, lemon juice
and teaspoon cinnamon. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat. Simmer, uncovered, for about
8 minutes or till slightly thickened, stirring frequently. Remove from heat.
- In a mixing bowl stir together flour, oats, brown sugar, 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
and baking soda. Stir in melted butter or margarine until thoroughly combined. Set
aside 1 cup of the oat mixture for topping. Press remaining oat mixture into an
ungreased 9-inch square pan.
- Bake in a 350 degree F oven for 20 to 25 minutes.
- Carefully spread filling on top of baked crust. Sprinkle with reserved oat mixture.
Lightly press oat mixture into filling.
- Bake in the 350 degree F oven for 20 to
25 minutes more or till topping is set. Cool in pan on a wire rack. Cut into bars.
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.