Breakfast and Brunch Recipes
Blueberry Cream Cheese Crescent Rolls
A different take on the original cream Cheese Crescent Rolls recipe, any fruit pie filling can be used successfully in this recipe.
- 1 can refrigerated crescent rolls
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 can blueberry pie filling
- 1 egg white
- 1/3 cup confectioners' sugar
- 2 teaspoons milk
- Heat oven to 375 degrees F. Lay parchment paper on a cookie sheet.
- Separate the rolls into triangles. Lay them flat on a piece of parchment paper.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the cream cheese, sugar and vanilla extract together. Beat for a few minutes or until everything is combined and smooth.
- Spread about a tablespoon or two of the cream cheese on top of the crescent roll triangles.
- Add a tablespoon of the blueberry filling on top of the sweetened cream cheese.
- Beginning at the larger end, start rolling up the crescent rolls. Pinch and tuck the ends together so the cream cheese mixture or blueberry pie filling doesn't seep out while baking.
- Place the crescent rolls on the prepared cookie sheet.
- Brush each crescent roll with egg white.
- Bake for 10 to 12 minutes or until golden brown.
- Set them aside for a few minutes to cool while you prepare the glaze.
- Combine the glaze ingredients together in a small bowl.
- Drizzle on top of the slightly cooled crescent rolls.
Cherry, apple or raspberry pie filling may be used instead of the blueberry pie filling.
Photo credit: 59388202@N03 /