- 2 cups fresh or 1 bag frozen blueberries
- 1 1/2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/3 cup water
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon allspice
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/3 cup light brown sugar
- 12 slices bread
- 6 eggs
- 2 cups half-and-half
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- Mix first 7 ingredients in a saucepan. Heat until the sauce is semi-thick. Set
aside and cool to room temperature.
- Cut crusts from bread. Spray a 2-quart rectangular glass pan with a nonstick
pan coating. Cover the bottom of pan with 6 bread slices.
- In separate bowl, mix eggs, half-and-half, vanilla extract and sugar. Pour half
of this mixture over bread. Spread thickened, cooled blueberry sauce over bottom
layer. Arrange the other half of the bread on top of blueberry filling. Pour remaining
egg mixture over the top. Sprinkle with a dash of nutmeg.
- Cover and place in refrigerator overnight.
- Bake in a preheated 350 degree F oven for 60 minutes.
- Let stand for 10 minutes before cutting into 6 servings or 12 servings for a
- Top with brown sugar and a few blueberries.
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.