Breakfast and Brunch Recipes
Breakfast Sausage Bread
Yield: 2 loaves
- 2 frozen loaves white bread dough, thawed
- 1/2 pound mild pork sausage
- 1/2 pound hot pork sausage
- 1 1/2 cups diced fresh mushrooms
- 1/2 cup chopped onions
- 3 eggs
- 2 1/2 cups shredded mozzarella
- 1 teaspoon each dried basil and parsley flakes
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- Allow bread to nearly double in size.
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a skillet over medium heat, cook and crumble sausages; add mushrooms and onion. Cook until sausage is browned and onion and mushrooms are tender, drain and cool.
- Beat 1 egg and set aside.
- To sausage mixture, add 2 eggs, cheese and seasonings, mixing well.
- Roll each loaf of dough into a 16 x 12 inch rectangle. Spread half of the sausage mixture on each loaf to within 1 inch of edges. Roll jellyroll style, starting at a narrow end, seal edges.
- Place on a greased baking sheet and bake for 25 minutes, brush with beaten egg and bake an additional 5 to 10 minutes longer until golden brown.
- Serve warm.
Posted by bettyboop50 at recipegoldmine.com.