Breakfast Sausage Bread
- 2 frozen loaves white bread dough, thawed
- 1/2 pound mild pork sausage
- 1/2 pound hot pork sausage
- 1 1/2 cups diced fresh mushrooms
- 1/2 cup chopped onions
- 3 eggs
- 2 1/2 cups shredded mozzarella
- 1 teaspoon each dried basil and parsley flakes
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- Allow bread to nearly double in size.
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a skillet over medium heat, cook and crumble sausages; add mushrooms and onion.
Cook until sausage is browned and onion and mushrooms are tender, drain and cool.
- Beat 1 egg and set aside.
- To sausage mixture, add 2 eggs, cheese and seasonings, mixing well.
- Roll each loaf of dough into a 16 x 12-inch rectangle. Spread half of the sausage
mixture on each loaf to within 1 inch of edges. Roll jellyroll style, starting at a narrow end, seal edges.
- Place on a greased baking sheet and bake for 25 minutes, brush with beaten egg
and bake an additional 5 to 10 minutes longer until golden brown.
- Serve warm.
Yield: 2 loaves
Posted by bettyboop50 at recipegoldmine.com.
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.