- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup shortening
- 2/3 cup milk
- 3 tablespoons butter or margarine, softened
- 1/2 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- Combine flour, baking powder and salt; cut in shortening with a pastry blender
until mixture resembles coarse meal. Add milk, stirring until dry ingredients are
- Turn dough out onto a lightly floured surface; knead lightly 4 or 5 times. Roll
dough to a 12-inch square on a lightly floured surface. Spread dough with butter;
sprinkle with brown sugar. Roll up jellyroll fashion; pinch seam to seal. Cut into
12 (1-inch) slices. Place cut side up in greased muffin pans.
- Bake at 375 degrees F for 25 to 30 minutes or until golden brown.
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.