Caramel Cherry Sticky Buns
- 12 bite-size caramel candies
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 1 (10 ounce) jar maraschino cherries without stems, well drained and halved
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans
- 1 (12 ounce) package refrigerated buttermilk biscuits (10 biscuits)
- Melt caramels and milk in a small saucepan with a heavy bottom over low
heat, stirring constantly until smooth. Pour caramel mixture into a well-greased
9-inch glass pie plate.
- Place maraschino cherry halves, rounded sides down, over caramel mixture.
- Sprinkle with pecans.
- Separate biscuits and place snugly in pan.
- Bake in a preheated 350 degree F oven 22 to 25 minutes, or until golden
- Invert immediately onto serving plate, scraping any remaining caramel over
- Serve warm.
Yield: 10 buns
Recipe and photo credit: National Cherry Growers Foundation