- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 4 tablespoons shortening
- 3/4 cup milk
- 2 cups drained maraschino cherries, with juice reserved
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- Sift flour, salt, sugar and baking powder.
- Cut in shortening.
- Add milk to make soft dough.
- Roll out dough 1/2 inch thick. Spread with 2 cups drained cherries. Sprinkle with the 1/4 cup sugar and roll up. Cut rolls about 1/2 inch thick.
- Place cut rolls on a cookie sheet.
- Mix cherry juice and the 1/2 cup sugar and simmer until sugar dissolves. Pour over rolls.
- Bake at 375 degrees F for 20 to 25 minutes.