- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 4 tablespoons shortening
- 3/4 cup milk
- 2 cups drained maraschino cherries, with juice reserved
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- Sift flour, salt, sugar and baking powder.
- Cut in shortening.
- Add milk to make soft dough.
- Roll out dough 1/2 inch thick. Spread with 2 cups drained cherries.
Sprinkle with the 1/4 cup sugar and roll up. Cut rolls about 1/2 inch thick.
- Place cut rolls on a cookie sheet.
- Mix cherry juice and the 1/2 cup sugar and simmer until
sugar dissolves. Pour over rolls.
- Bake at 375 degrees F for 20 to 25 minutes.
This post may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our disclosure policy.