Chocolate Cinnamon Rolls
- 3/4 cup warm water
- 1 package dry yeast
- 1/4 cup shortening
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/3 cup cocoa
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon butter or margarine, softened
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 3 tablespoons granulated sugar
- Chopped nuts
- In bowl dissolve yeast in warm water. Add shortening, salt, sugar, egg, cocoa
and 1 cup flour. Beat for 2 minutes on medium speed. Scrape sides and bottom of
bowl. Stir in remaining flour. Cover with cloth. Let rise in warm place until doubled
in bulk (about 1 hour).
- Stir down by beating 25 strokes. Turn soft dough out on floured cloth covered
board. Roll into a 12 x 9 inch rectangle. Spread soft butter on rectangle. Sprinkle
with cinnamon and sugar mixture. Roll, beginning at wide side. Pinch edge into roll.
Cut in 12 pieces.
- Place in greased 9-inch square pan. Let rise in warm place until
doubled (40 minutes).
- Bake at 375 degrees F for 25 minutes. Remove from pan. Frost.
- Frosting: 3/4 cup sifted powdered sugar with enough cream or milk to make spreading
consistency. Sprinkle with chopped nuts.
Posted by Rudy2 at Recipe Goldmine 2/18/2002 5:12 am.