Cinnamon Cheese Roll Ups
These are great little treats to serve in the morning with a cup of coffee or
tea. These are quick and very easy to put together. They are also great as an appetizer.
If you like, you can take your favorite preserves placed in an decorating bag and
pipe a strip of preserves over the filling. Very delicious!
- 1 (16 ounce) loaf white bread slices crusts removed
- 8 ounces cream cheese softened
- 1 egg yolk
- 3/4 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 3/4 cup butter, melted
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Flatten bread with a rolling pin and set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, combine cream cheese, egg yolk and confectioners' sugar.
- In another bowl, combine sugar and cinnamon and set aside.
- Spread about 1 tablespoon of cheese mixture on each slice of bread. Roll up jellyroll
style. Dip into melted butter, then in cinnamon-sugar.
- Place on an ungreased baking sheet. Bake for 20 minutes or until golden brown.
Posted by bettyboop50 at Recipe Goldmine 6/9/01 9:11:26 am.