Cinnamon Cocoa Breakfast Rolls
- 4 cups all-purpose flour, divided
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 (1/4 ounce) envelope fast-acting dry yeast
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/2 cup cooked, mashed potatoes
- 2 eggs
- 1 extra tablespoon butter, melted
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- Confectioners' sugar
- In a large bowl, combine 1 1/3 cups flour, 1/2 cup sugar, undissolved yeast and
- Combine and heat water, milk, butter and the mashed potatoes until very warm
(120 to 130 degrees F). Gradually add to flour mixture. Beat for 2 minutes at medium
speed of electric mixer, scraping bowl often.
- Add eggs and 1 cup flour; beat for 2 minutes
at high speed. Stir in enough remaining flour to make a soft dough. Knead on a lightly
floured surface until smooth and elastic, about 10 minutes. Cover; let rest for 10 minutes.
- Roll dough to an 18 x 12-inch rectangle. Brush with the melted butter. Sprinkle
with the filling made by mixing the 1/4 cup sugar, cocoa powder and cinnamon (spice
fans might want more cinnamon; if so, dribble on more melted butter, then sprinkle
with additional sugar and cinnamon).
- Beginning at long end of dough rectangle, roll up tightly. Pinch seam to seal.
Cut into 12 pieces. Place, cut sides up, into 12 greased muffin cups. Cover; let
rise in a warm place until doubled, about 1 hour.
- Bake at 375 degrees F for 15 to 20 minutes or until done.
- Remove from cups and cool on wire racks.
- Sift confectioners' sugar over the tops.
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.