Served warm, this makes a delicious breakfast bread.
- 1 cup brown sugar, firmly packed
- 4 tablespoons
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 cups sifted all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons softened
- 1 egg, well beaten
- 1 cup milk
- Topping: Work brown sugar and butter together with your fingertips until well
mixed. Then work in cinnamon. Set aside.
- Dough: Sift flour, baking powder and salt together and set aside.
- Mix sugar and
butter with your fingertips until butter is well dispersed. Stir in beaten egg thoroughly,
then add flour and milk alternately, beginning and ending with flour.
- Pour into
a greased 8-inch square pan. Sprinkle Topping over the surface.
- Bake at 425 degrees
F for 30 to 35 minutes.