Served warm, this makes a delicious breakfast bread.
- 1 cup brown sugar, firmly packed
- 4 tablespoons softened butter
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 cups sifted all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons softened butter
- 1 egg, well beaten
- 1 cup milk
- Topping: Work brown sugar and butter together with your fingertips until well
mixed. Then work in cinnamon. Set aside.
- Dough: Sift flour, baking powder and salt together and set aside.
- Mix sugar and butter with your fingertips until butter is well dispersed. Stir in beaten egg thoroughly,
then add flour and milk alternately, beginning and ending with flour.
- Pour into a greased 8-inch square pan. Sprinkle Topping over the surface.
- Bake at 425 degrees F for 30 to 35 minutes.
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.