Coffee Break Muffins
- 1 tablespoon Millstone Cafe Midnight coffee, brewed double-strength or 1/2 shot home espresso
- 1 cup walnuts
- 1 cup raisins
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup butter
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/4 cups sifted cake flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup milk
- Marinate raisins and walnuts in coffee overnight.
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Cream sugar with butter until light and fluffy. Beat eggs into mixture one at
- Sift a little flour over nuts and raisins in coffee. Re-sift remaining flour
together with baking soda and salt. Into large bowl, add dry ingredients alternately
with milk and egg mixture. Beat after each addition until smooth. Fold in coffee, nut and raisin mixture.
- Bake in greased muffin pans (or use paper muffin cup liners) for 25 minutes.
Yield: 28 muffins
Source: Millstone Coffee