Coffee Can Apple Rolls
- 4 cups diced apples
- 1 cup broken pecans
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon allspice
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 3/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 cup margarine
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- Grease and flour two 1-pound coffee cans.
- In a medium bowl stir apples, pecans and sugar. Let stand for one hour, stirring
often to make juice.
- In a large bowl, stir flour, baking soda, salt, allspice, nutmeg and cinnamon
together. Add apple mixture. Mix well, and stir in butter, vanilla extract and eggs.
- Pour into coffee cans. Tie a 2-inch strip of foil around top of each can.
- Bake at 325 degrees F for 1 hour and 15 minutes.
- Let stand 10 minutes, then remove from cans.
- Serve warm or cool with cream cheese.
This post may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our disclosure policy.