Breakfast and Brunch Recipes
Coffee Can Apple Rolls
- 4 cups diced apples
- 1 cup broken pecans
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon allspice
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 3/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 cup butter
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- Grease and flour two 1-pound coffee cans.
- In a medium bowl stir apples, pecans and sugar. Let stand for one hour, stirring often to make juice.
- In a large bowl, stir flour, baking soda, salt, allspice, nutmeg and cinnamon together. Add apple mixture. Mix well, and stir in butter, vanilla extract and eggs.
- Pour into coffee cans. Tie a 2-inch strip of aluminum foil around top of each can.
- Bake at 325 degrees F for 1 hour and 15 minutes.
- Let stand for 10 minutes, then remove from cans.
- Serve warm or cool with cream cheese.