Breakfast and Brunch Recipes
Cranberry Cream Cheese Pull Aparts
Yield: 2 dozen pull aparts
- 24 frozen bread rolls, thawed but still cold
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1 cup granulated sugar, divided
- 6 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 3 tablespoons fresh orange juice
- 1 tablespoon each grated orange and lemon rinds
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 5 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- Press about 5 to 6 cranberries into each thawed roll. Place rolls in a 9 x 13-inch pan coated with nonstick cooking spray.
- Combine the butter, 1/2 cup of the granulated sugar, cream cheese and orange juice. Blend well and pour over the rolls. Cover with plastic wrap and let rise until double in size. (Time will depend on temperature of your kitchen.)
- Combine remaining 1/2 cup granulated sugar, the rinds and any remaining cranberries. Sprinkle this mixture over the risen rolls.
- Bake immediately in a preheated 350 degrees F oven for 25 minutes or until the rolls in the center are done.
- Combine confectioners' sugar and lemon juice. Drizzle over hot rolls. (Toss on extra cranberries, if you so desire.)
Posted by Annette at Recipe Goldmine 12/13/2001 1:35 pm.