Breakfast and Brunch Recipes
Cream Cheese Danish
- 2 (8 ounce) cans refrigerated crescent rolls
- 1 large egg, separated
- 16 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup chopped pecans (optional)
- Sifted confectioners' sugar (optional)
- Heat oven 375 degrees F. Grease a 13 x 9-inch baking pan.
- Unroll one package crescent rolls and press into prepared pan to cover the bottom.
- Beat egg yolk, cream cheese and lemon juice. Pour over dough in pan.
- Unroll second package of crescent rolls on wax paper and press or roll out. Put on top of cream cheese mixture and peel off wax paper.
- Whip egg white and brush over top of dough. Sprinkle with chopped pecans.
- Bake for 25 minutes.
- Let cool, then sprinkle with sifted confectioners' sugar.