Cream Cheese Dough with Prune and Nut Filling
Just had to share these little darlings. They are sooo tasty. I make them every holiday and then some.
- 1 pound cream cheese
- 1 pound unsalted butter
- 4 cups flour
- 4 cups fine grind walnuts
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 (24 ounce) container pitted prunes
- Dough: Mix together and chill overnight.
- Nut Filling: Heat milk, sugar and butter till thickened. Add vanilla extract.
- Season walnuts with cinnamon. Add milk mixture to walnuts.
- Prune Filling: Cover with water and simmer for 20 minutes. Strain water and mash with potato masher.
- Roll dough into ping pong sizes balls. Roll out in confectioners' sugar. Place filling onto rolled out ball and roll one side over the other to close.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for about 15 minutes till slightly browned.
- Cool and dust with confectioners' sugar.
Posted by jerseyjan at Recipe Goldmine.