Cream Cheese Dough with Prune and Nut Filling
Just had to share these little darlings. They are sooo tasty. I make them every holiday and then some.
- 1 pound cream cheese
- 1 pound unsalted butter
- 4 cups flour
- 4 cups fine grind walnuts
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 (24 ounce) container pitted prunes
- Dough: Mix together and chill overnight.
- Nut Filling: Heat milk, sugar and butter till thickened. Add vanilla extract.
- Season walnuts with cinnamon. Add milk mixture to walnuts.
- Prune Filling: Cover with water and simmer for 20 minutes. Strain water and mash
with potato masher.
- Roll dough into ping pong sizes balls. Roll out in confectioners' sugar. Place
filling onto rolled out ball and roll one side over the other to close.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for about 15 minutes till slightly browned.
- Cool and dust with confectioners' sugar.
Posted by jerseyjan at Recipe Goldmine.
This post may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our disclosure policy.