Breakfast and Brunch Recipes
Cream Cheese and Pecan Danish (T&T)
I love this recipe. It is so easy and so good. I sometimes add canned pie filling on top of the cream cheese mixture.
Yield: 10 to 12 servings
- 1 sheet frozen puff pastry, thawed
- 2 (3 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup chopped pecans
- 1 (3 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 3/4 cup powdered sugar
- 1 tablespoon milk
- Heat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Unfold pastry; roll to 15 x 10-inch rectangle. Place in 15 x 10 x 1-inch jellyroll pan.
- Beat 6 ounces cream cheese, 1/4 cup sugar, egg and vanilla extract in small mixing bowl at medium speed with electric mixer until well blended. Stir in 1/2 cup pecans. Spread cream cheese mixture over pastry to within 3 inches from outer edges. Make
2-inch cuts at 1-inch intervals on long sides of pastry. Crisscross strips over filling.
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes or until golden brown. Cool.
- Drizzle with Creamy Glaze. Sprinkle with remaining pecans.
- Beat ingredients until smooth.
Posted by Pats Cookin at Recipe Goldmine 9/5/2001 4:21 pm.
Source: Treasury of Christmas Recipes