French Breakfast Puffs
- 1 cup granulated sugar, divided
- 1 egg
- 1/3 cup shortening
- 1 1/2 cup sifted
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Melted butter
Please shop Amazon here. We are an Amazon affiliate to help defray expenses in maintaining this site. Thank you.
- With mixer, cream 1/2 cup sugar, the egg and shortening.
- Sift together flour,
baking powder, salt and nutmeg. Add creamed mixture alternately with milk, beating
well after each addition.
- Fill 12 greased muffin pans 2/3 full with batter.
at 350 degrees F for 20 to 25 minutes.
- When removed from oven, dip puffs, while hot, in melted butter and roll
in mixture of cinnamon and remaining sugar.
- Serve hot or cold.