Fruit-Nut Toaster Cakes
Tasty, healthy, and convenient these are hard to beat. Make them on a weekend,
freeze, then toast for warm weekday breakfast on-the-go.
- 1/2 cup King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 1/3 cup yellow cornmeal
- 1/3 cup Sustagrain barley flakes or rolled oats
- 1/4 cup brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup melted butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 cup blueberries, dried cranberries, or other fruit
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans, walnuts or almonds
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases at no additional cost to you. Thank you for supporting Recipe Goldmine.
- Heat the oven to 375 degrees F. Grease a muffin-top pan, or hamburger
- Whisk together the flour, cornmeal, barley flakes or rolled oats, brown
sugar, baking powder, and salt. In a separate bowl, whisk together the melted
butter, vanilla, egg, and milk. Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients,
stirring just to combine.
- Scoop the batter into the wells of the prepared pan, using a generous 1/4
cup of batter in each. Sprinkle the fruit and nuts evenly over the cakes.
- Bake for 10 to 12 minutes (slightly longer if baking in a hamburger bun
pan), until golden brown around the edges.
- Remove from the oven, and cool for 2 to 3 minutes in the pan, then turn
out onto a rack.
- Serve immediately; or freeze, then toast to reheat.
Hands-on time: 13 to 18 min | Baking time: 10 to 12 min | Yield: 6 cakes
Recipe and photo credit (used with permission):
King Arthur Flour
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Breakfast Pastry Recipes