Grizzly Bear Claws
Pillsbury biscuits make quick work of creating sweet pastries. These updated
bear claws have a new, must-try flavor twist.
- 5 tablespoons powdered sugar
- 1 large orange (1 tablespoon grated peel and 1 tablespoon plus 1 1/2 teaspoons juice)
- 1/3 cup coconut
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds, coarsely chopped
- 2/3 cup finely chopped pitted dates
- 1/4 cup Jif® Creamy Almond Butter
- 1 can Pillsbury™ Grands!™ Homestyle refrigerated buttermilk biscuits (5 biscuits)
- Heat oven to 375 degrees F. Line large cookie sheet with Reynolds® Parchment
- In small bowl, mix 2 tablespoons of the powdered sugar and 1 1/2 teaspoons
of the orange juice with whisk until smooth; set aside.
- In another small bowl, mix coconut and almonds; set aside.
- In medium bowl, mix dates and 1 tablespoon of the orange juice. Stir in
almond butter, orange peel and remaining 3 tablespoons powdered sugar. Set aside.
- Separate dough into 5 biscuits; press each biscuit to form 7 x 3 1/2-inch
oval. Spoon about 2 tablespoons date filling on one half of each biscuit oval.
Spread filling to center, 1 inch from short end and 1/4 inch from sides. Fold
dough in half over filling; bringing top edge of dough even with bottom edge.
Press edges firmly to seal.
- Place biscuits 2 inches apart on cookie sheet. Using sharp knife or kitchen
scissors, make four 1-inch cuts, 1 inch apart on sealed end of biscuit. Gently
stretch each section between cuts to form claw shape. Brush tops of biscuits
with reserved orange glaze; sprinkle evenly with reserved coconut mixture.
- Bake for 10 to 20 minutes or until golden brown and coconut is toasted.
- Cool for 2 minutes; remove from pan to cooling rack.
- Cool completely, about 15 minutes.
prep time 25 min | total time 50 min | servings 5
Nutrition Facts: serving Size: 1 Serving Calories 400 Calories from Fat 150
Total Fat 17g Saturated Fat 5g Trans Fat 0g Cholesterol 0mg Sodium 520mg Total Carbohydrate
55g Dietary Fiber 3g Sugars 28g Protein 7g
% Daily Value*: Vitamin A 0% Vitamin C 4% Calcium 4% Iron 10%
Exchanges: 2 1/2 Starch; 0 Fruit; 1 Other Carbohydrate; 0 Skim Milk; 0 Low-Fat
Milk; 0 Milk; 0 Vegetable; 0 Very Lean Meat; 0 Lean Meat; 0 High-Fat Meat; 3 Fat
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
Jif and Simply Jif are trademarks of The J.M. Smucker Company
Reynolds® is a trademark of Reynolds Consumer Products Inc.
Bake-Off is a registered trademark of General Mills ©2014
Recipe and photo credit (used with permission):