Hennessy Pecan Cinnamon Rolls
Hennessy Pecan Cinnamon Rolls are like none other you've ever tasted!
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2/3 cup whole milk
- 1 teaspoon freshly grated orange zest
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 packet (2 1/4 teaspoons) active dry yeast
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1 large egg
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons Hennessey Cognac
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans, toasted
- In a saucepan, melt the butter. Remove from heat and add milk to warm.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the flour, yeast, brown sugar, cinnamon and salt. On low speed, add the flour mixture to combine.
- Beat in egg, then beat until dough comes together. Switch to a dough hook attachment and beat on medium speed until dough forms a ball. If dough is too sticky, add more flour one tablespoon at a time.
- On a floured surface, and with floured hands, knead dough until smooth and elastic, about 20 times; form into a ball. Transfer to a lightly oiled bowl. Cover with a dish towel and let dough double in volume at room temperature, about 2 to 3 hours.
- In a medium skillet, melt 4 tablespoons butter.
- In a medium bowl, beat together melted butter, dark brown sugar, cinnamon, ginger, vanilla extract and salt.
- Punch dough in the center to deflate. Turn dough onto a floured work surface and roll into a 9 x 13-inch rectangle. Sprinkle chopped pecans evenly across the top.
- Tightly roll the dough, starting at the long end, into a jelly roll. With the seam-side down, cut dough into 9 equal-sized pieces.
- Grease a 9-inch cast-iron skillet with softened butter. Place cinnamon rolls into the cast-iron skillet, cut side up, touching each other. Cover with plastic wrap and a dish towel and let double in volume, about 45 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Bake rolls until golden brown and expanded, about 20 to 25 minutes. Remove from oven and let cool.
- In the meantime, make the sauce. In a saucepan, combine brown sugar, 1/4 cup cold water and Hennessey, and cook to dissolve sugar, about 5 minutes.
- Whisk in remaining butter, vanilla extract and powdered sugar until a sauce is formed.
- Pour glaze on top of cinnamon rolls, and sprinkle with pecans. Allow glaze to set before serving, about 20 minutes.
>> BREAKFAST RECIPES
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.