Latte Espresso Rolls
- 2 packages crusty loaf French bread dough
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons instant coffee
- 1 stick butter, softened
- 3 cups sifted confectioners' sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup milk
- 4 teaspoons instant cappuccino-flavored coffee mix
- Rolls: Remove dough from canisters, fold each roll of dough in half and wrap together
loosely with plastic wrap. Place wrapped dough in the refrigerator and let rest
for at least 2 hours.
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly grease 2 (8-inch) cake pans.
- In a small bowl, combine brown sugar, cinnamon, and instant coffee. Set aside.
- On a lightly floured surface, place 1 piece of the folded dough on top of the
other piece of dough and flatten. Roll dough into an 8 x 14-inch rectangle. Spread
softened butter over surface of dough and sprinkle with the sugar-cinnamon-coffee
mixture. Starting with the long edge, roll dough like a jelly roll. Cut into 12
pieces and divide between the 2 prepared cake pans.
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes until golden brown.
- Allow to cool for 10 minutes before spreading with icing.
- Icing: In a medium mixing bowl with a handheld mixer, beat together softened
butter and sifted confectioners' sugar adding the sugar 1 cup at a time. Beat
until light and fluffy. Add remaining ingredients and beat until combined. Spread
or drizzle over cooled rolls.