Latte Espresso Rolls
- 2 packages crusty loaf French bread dough
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons instant coffee
- 1 stick butter, softened
- 3 cups sifted confectioners' sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup milk
- 4 teaspoons instant cappuccino-flavored coffee mix
- Rolls: Remove dough from canisters, fold each roll of dough in half and wrap together
loosely with plastic wrap. Place wrapped dough in the refrigerator and let rest
for at least 2 hours.
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly grease 2 (8-inch) cake pans.
- In a small bowl, combine brown sugar, cinnamon, and instant coffee. Set aside.
- On a lightly floured surface, place 1 piece of the folded dough on top of the
other piece of dough and flatten. Roll dough into an 8 x 14-inch rectangle. Spread
softened butter over surface of dough and sprinkle with the sugar-cinnamon-coffee
mixture. Starting with the long edge, roll dough like a jelly roll. Cut into 12
pieces and divide between the 2 prepared cake pans.
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes until golden brown.
- Allow to cool for 10 minutes before spreading with icing.
- Icing: In a medium mixing bowl with a handheld mixer, beat together softened
butter and sifted confectioners' sugar adding the sugar 1 cup at a time. Beat
until light and fluffy. Add remaining ingredients and beat until combined. Spread
or drizzle over cooled rolls.
This post may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our disclosure policy.