Old Fashioned Cheese Squares
- 2 packages dry yeast
- 1/3 cup warm water
- 1 teaspoon
- 1 cup margarine
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 4 eggs, separated
- 3 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese
- 1 cup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 stick (1/2 cup) margarine
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In small bowl, mix yeast with water and 1 teaspoon granulated sugar, set aside.
- In a large bowl, cut margarine into flour as for pie dough until mixture resembles
- Add egg yolks and yeast mixture and beat to blend.
- Let rise in warm
place until doubled in size.
- Meanwhile, in a mixer bowl, combine cream cheese, 1 cup sugar and vanilla extract,
beating well until smooth.
- Roll out half of dough mixture on a cookie sheet. Spread with cream cheese mixture
over top evenly.
- Roll out other half of dough and cover cream cheese filling.
- Beat egg whites and spread on dough.
- In a bowl, combine streusel ingredients and mix well. Sprinkle over dough. Let
rise for 1 hour.
- Bake for 30 minutes.
- Remove from oven and drizzle with glaze mixture made from
confectioners' sugar and milk if desired.
Posted by bettyboop50 at recipegoldmine.com.
Please shop Amazon here. We are an Amazon affiliate to help defray expenses in maintaining this site. Thank you.