A great side dish for breakfast, this is delicious with pork.
- 2 cups coarsely shredded pumpkin
- 1 teaspoon butter
- 1 large egg
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 3 tablespoons light brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups unsifted all-purpose flour
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- Vegetable oil for frying
- Confectioners' sugar
- In skillet, sauté shredded pumpkin in butter until no longer raw-looking. Drain.
- Wash and dry skillet. Add oil to a depth of 2 inches; heat to 350 degrees F.
- In bowl, combine egg, milk, brown sugar, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg, vanilla extract
and pumpkin. Add flour and baking powder to pumpkin mixture; stir until well-combined.
- Drop fritter batter by teaspoonsful into hot fat. Fry on all sides for 2 to 3
minutes. Remove with slotted spoon. Drain on paper toweling.
- Serve hot, sprinkled with confectioners' sugar.
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Breakfast Pastry Recipes