A great side dish for breakfast, this is delicious with pork.
- 2 cups coarsely shredded pumpkin
- 1 teaspoon butter
- 1 large egg
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 3 tablespoons light brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups unsifted all-purpose flour
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- Vegetable oil for frying
- Confectioners' sugar
- In skillet, sauté shredded pumpkin in butter until no longer raw-looking. Drain.
- Wash and dry skillet. Add oil to a depth of 2 inches; heat to 350 degrees F.
- In bowl, combine egg, milk, brown sugar, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg, vanilla extract
and pumpkin. Add flour and baking powder to pumpkin mixture; stir until well-combined.
- Drop fritter batter by teaspoonsful into hot fat. Fry on all sides for 2 to 3
minutes. Remove with slotted spoon. Drain on paper toweling.
- Serve hot, sprinkled with confectioners' sugar.
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.