Breakfast and Brunch Recipes
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup rice flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup tepid milk
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 8 to 10 teaspoons raspberry jam
- Mix the flours; salt and baking powder together.
- Rub in the butter and then work in the sugar.
- Add the milk to the egg and mix them into the dry ingredients.
- Form the mixture into 8 to 10 balls and place them on a buttered baking sheet.
Make a well in each ball with your finger and put 1 teaspoon of raspberry jam into the well. Fold the dough over the well to seal it.
- Bake the buns in a preheated 400 degrees F oven for 15 to 20 minutes or until golden brown.
- Let cool.