Toffee Apple Breakfast Pudding
- 1 loaf Rhodes Frozen Bread Dough, baked and cubed (day old)
- 2 medium size Granny Smith apples, peeled and chopped
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 3/4 cups milk, divided
- 1 teaspoon almond flavoring
- 1/2 cup toffee bits
- 5 eggs
- Place half of the bread cubes in a sprayed 9 x 13-inch baking dish. Top
- Combine the cream cheese, brown sugar, 1/4 cup milk and almond flavoring
until smooth. Stir in toffee bits. Spread over apples. Top with remaining bread
- Combine the eggs and remaining milk and pour over bread.
- Cover and refrigerate overnight or at least 4 hours.
- Remove from refrigerator 30 minutes before baking.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 45-55 minutes. Cover with foil last 10 minutes
of baking if needed to prevent over browning.
Recipe and photo credit (used with permission):