Bacon, Egg and Mushroom Burritos
Thick sliced applewood-smoked turkey bacon, shiitake mushrooms and spinach enhance this yummy egg wrap. Perfect for breakfast or lunch on-the-go.
- 6 thick slices applewood-smoked turkey bacon (6 ounces)
- 4 ounces fresh shiitake OR button mushrooms, stemmed, sliced
- 4 ounces fresh baby arugula OR spinach (4 cups)
- 12 eggs, beaten
- 6 flour OR whole wheat tortillas (7 to 9-inch), warmed
- Cook bacon in 12-inch nonstick skillet over medium heat until crisp.
- Remove bacon; pour off all but 1 tablespoon drippings. Add mushrooms;
sauté over medium heat 2 minutes.
- Add arugula; cook until wilted, about 1 minute.
- Pour eggs over mixture in skillet. As eggs begin to set, gently pull the
eggs across the pan with an inverted turner, forming large soft curds.
Continue cooking – pulling, lifting and folding eggs – until thickened and
no visible liquid egg remains. Do not stir constantly. Season with salt and
- Spoon egg mixture into center of each tortilla, dividing evenly; top
each with 1 bacon slice. Fold in sides of tortillas, then roll up
Recipe and photo credit (used with permission):
American Egg Board
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Breakfast Sandwich Recipes