Chicken Bacon Breakfast Sandwiches
with Tomato and Arugula
Chicken bacon, eggs, tomatoes, cheddar cheese and arugula are piled inside toasted
- 1 (3 ounce) package Al Fresco Uncured Original Fully Cooked Chicken Bacon, 8 slices
- 4 whole wheat English muffin, sliced in half, toasted
- 4 eggs, large, raw
- 1/2 teaspoon vinegar, distilled
- 4 slices tomato, thinly sliced
- 4 slices cheddar cheese, lower sodium
- Small handful arugula
- To poach the eggs, fill a deep skillet with 2 inches of water, add vinegar,
and bring to simmer over medium heat.
- Crack each egg into separate custard cups. Gently slide 1 egg at a time
into simmering water in skillet. Cook just until egg whites are set, about 3
minutes (yolks will be only partially cooked).
- Place 8 slices of chicken bacon on a microwave safe plate and heat in the
microwave for 30-50 seconds, or until desired crispness is achieved.
- To assemble, place 1/2 of the toasted English muffin on a plate and top
with a slice of cheese.
- Use a slotted spoon and carefully transfer the egg on top of cheese, add
chicken bacon followed by the tomato slice and arugula.
Serves: 4 | Prep Time: 5 Min | Cook Time: 10 Min
Nutritional Info per Serving: Calories 380 Sodium 580mg Total Fat 18g Carbohydrates
31g Saturated Fat 8g Sugars 8g Cholesterol 285mg Dietary Fiber 5g Protein 26g
Recipe and photo used with permission from: Al Fresco All Natural
This post may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our disclosure policy.