Eggs Florentine Bagels
- 2 Thomas’ Plain Bagels, split and toasted
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 1/2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cups milk, heated
- 4 large eggs
- 1/2 cup fresh baby spinach leaves
- Melt butter in a small saucepan over moderate heat and whisk in flour. Cook,
whisking constantly, for two minutes.
- Whisk in milk in a stream, until smooth. Simmer, whisking, until thickened, about
three minutes and reduced to 1 1/4 cups.
- Keep warm, covered, off heat.
- Fill a medium skillet halfway with water and bring to a boil.
- Break eggs into separate teacups and pour into water. Cover skillet and remove
from heat. Let eggs sit for about 4 minutes until whites are set.
- Place bagels on serving plates and top each with 1/4 of spinach, using a slotted
spoon top with a poached egg and 1/4 of sauce.
- Serve immediately.
Reprinted with permission from thomasbreads.com.