Santa Fe Bagel Thins Bagel
- 1 Thomas’ 100% Whole Wheat Bagel Thins bagel
- 3 egg whites
- 4 tablespoons black bean hummus (store-bought or homemade)
- 2 tablespoons low-fat sour cream
- 4 tablespoons tomato salsa
- Nonstick cooking oil spray
Homemade black bean hummus
- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/2 garlic clove, chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- Separate and toast Bagel Thins bagel. Place open-faced and top each half
with two tablespoons of hummus and 1 tablespoon of low-fat sour cream.
- Spray nonstick frying pan with cooking oil and put on stovetop under medium
- Beat three egg whites together in mixing bowl and then pour into heated
- Once eggs are cooked through, place on open-faced English muffin and top
- Homemade black bean hummus: Mince all ingredients together in food processor
until smooth; refrigerate.
Recipe and photo credit: thomasbreads.com.