Serve this warm over pancakes.
- 3 cups frozen sliced peaches, thawed
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1/2 teaspoon grated orange rind
- 1/8 teaspoon ground allspice
- Combine peaches and orange juice in a saucepan. Bring to a boil over medium heat;
cover, reduce heat, and simmer, stirring occasionally, 5 to 10 minutes or until
peach slices are tender.
- Spoon mixture into container of an electric blender; process until smooth, stopping
once to scrape down sides. Return mixture to saucepan; add sugar and remaining ingredients,
and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer, uncovered, stirring occasionally, 5 to 10 minutes or
- Store sauce in refrigerator.
Yield: 1 1/2 cups