(Vlaamse Wafels, Gaufres a la Flamande)
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- 1 envelope active dry yeast
- 2 cups warm milk
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 egg
- 3 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 3 eggs yolks
- 8 tablespoons butter, melted and cooled to room temperature
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 egg whites, beaten to soft peaks
- Combine the yeast and 1/4 cup of the warm milk in a small bowl and allow to proof
for 5 minutes.
- Sift the flour into a large mixing bowl and add the egg, yeast mixture, and sugar.
Stir to mix well with a wooden spoon. Add the remaining milk and the egg yolks one
at a time, stirring to incorporate. Add the melted butter and vanilla extract, stirring
just to combine. Fold the egg whites into the batter, cover with a towel, and allow
to rise for 1 hour.
- Stir down the batter when ready to cook and cook according to your waffle iron's
Yield: about 12 waffles
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Waffle Recipes