Buttermilk-Brown Sugar Waffles
- 2 eggs
- 1 3/4 cups buttermilk
- 1 stick butter, melted and cooled to room temperature
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour or 1 1/2 cups flour and 1/4 cup wheat germ
- 2 tablespoons light brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Nonstick cooking spray or butter
- Whisk eggs, buttermilk and melted butter in a large bowl.
- In another bowl, stir dry ingredients together, then add to egg mixture and whisk
just until smooth.
- Heat a waffle iron and butter lightly or spray with nonstick spray (even nonstick
waffle irons require this step). Ladle batter onto iron (about 1/4 cup for an 8-inch
round iron), close, and cook just until light golden brown.
- Serve immediately.
Yield: 3 Belgian waffles or 8 regular waffles
Source: New York Times
Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Waffle Recipes