Chocolate Chipotle Waffles
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 3 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup chocolate syrup
- 4 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 1/2 cups cake flour, sifted
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons chipotle pepper powder
- Combine eggs (or egg substitute), sugar, milk and vanilla extract; stir thoroughly.
- In a separate bowl, blend together chocolate syrup and melted butter. Let butter
mixture cool; then stir into egg mixture.
- Combine all the dry ingredients together. Add egg-chocolate batter to dry ingredients
and stir until smooth. Add the chipotle powder (start at 1 1/2 teaspoons and add
more if you want it hotter).
- Spray waffle maker with cooking spray or rub some shortening on. Heat waffle
maker. When light goes out, start making waffles. Bake as directed by waffle maker
Yield: 6 large or 8 medium size waffles
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Waffle Recipes