Chocolate Waffles with Banana-Caramel Topping
- 1 1/2 cups buttermilk baking mix
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/3 cup baking cocoa
- 3/4 cup water
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup whipping (heavy) cream
- 1/4 cup light corn syrup
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 medium bananas, sliced
- Make Caramel-Banana Topping; keep warm. Heat waffle iron; grease if necessary.
- Waffles: Stir remaining ingredients until blended. Pour batter for waffle onto
center of hot waffle iron. Repeat with remaining batter.
- Bake about 5 minutes or until steaming stops. Carefully remove waffle. Serve
- Topping: Mix all ingredients except bananas in 1-quart saucepan. Heat to boiling
over medium heat, stirring occasionally; remove from heat. Gently stir in bananas
until well coated.