Coffee Chocolate Chip Waffles
These are delicious served with Maple Coffee Butter.
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) package quick-rising dry yeast
- 6 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup cold milk
- 1 cup hot brewed coffee, medium dark roast such as Millstone Bed & Breakfast Blend
- 3 large eggs
- 4 tablespoons melted butter or vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup miniature chocolate chips
- In large bowl combine flour, yeast, sugar and salt.
- In separate bowl, whisk together milk, coffee, eggs, butter and vanilla. Stir
into dry ingredient mixture, stirring just enough to blend. Cover with plastic wrap
and allow to sit in warm place until doubled in size about 45 minutes.
- Fold in chocolate chips.
- Heat waffle iron according to manufacturer's instructions. Spoon in enough batter
to cover iron. Bake until done and golden brown.
Source: Millstone Coffee