Crispy Yeast Waffles
- 2 2/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 packet active dry yeast
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 3/4 cups milk
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine
- 3 eggs
- In a large mixing bowl, combine flour, yeast, sugar and salt, mixing well.
- In a saucepan, heat milk, water and butter until very warm - 120 to 130
degrees F. The butter doesn't need to melt. Add to flour mixture, add eggs and
beat at low speed until moistened. Beat for 1 minute at medium speed.
- Cover bowl
with plastic wrap and foil; refrigerate several hours or overnight.
- Stir down batter. Bake in waffle iron or Belgium iron on medium heat.
hot with butter and your favorite topping.
Posted by BettyBoop50 at recipegoldmine.com.