Nutty Pumpkin Waffles
Nutty Pumpkin Waffles are chock full of nuts and a must-bake for the holidays.
Moist and light, they're fun and tasty for breakfast drenched with homemade Pumpkin
Maple sauce, and perfect for brunch or lunch too.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 2 large eggs, separated
- 1 3/4 cups milk
- 1/2 cup LIBBY'S® 100% Pure Pumpkin
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine, melted
- 3/4 cup chopped nuts
Pumpkin Maple Sauce
- 1 cup maple syrup
- 3/4 cup LIBBY'S® 100% Pure Pumpkin
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Waffles: Combine flour, sugar, cornstarch, baking powder, cinnamon, salt, ginger
and nutmeg in large bowl.
- Combine egg yolks, milk and pumpkin in medium bowl; mix well. Add to flour mixture.
Stir in butter.
- Beat egg whites in small mixer bowl until soft peaks form. Gently fold into pumpkin
- Heat waffle iron according to manufacturer's directions. Depending on size
of waffle iron, pour 1/2 cup to 1 1/2 cups batter onto hot iron. Generously sprinkle
with nuts. Bake for 4 to 5 minutes or until steaming stops. Repeat with remaining
batter and nuts.
- Serve with Pumpkin Maple Sauce.
- Pumpkin Maple Sauce: Heat all ingredients in a small saucepan until warm.
10 min prep | 15 min total | 8 (7-inch diameter) waffles
Nutrition Information Serving Size: 1/8 of Recipe Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving Calories: 400 Calories from Fat: 110 Total Fat: 13g (20% of
DV) Saturated Fat: 3.5g (18% of DV) Cholesterol: 65mg (22% of DV) Sodium: 370mg
(15% of DV) Carbohydrates: 65g (22% of DV) Dietary Fiber: 4g (16% of DV) Sugars:
27g Protein: 9g
Vitamin A: 100% of DV Vitamin C: 2% of DV Calcium: 15% of DV Iron: 15% of
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
Recipe and photo credit: Nestlé and meals.com