Pumpkin Pecan Waffles
- 2 1/2 cups sifted cake flour
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 3 eggs, separated
- 1 3/4 cups milk
- 1/2 cup solid pack pumpkin
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine, melted
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- Heat waffle iron.
- In a large bowl, sift together dry ingredients.
- In a medium bowl, beat egg yolks. Add milk, pumpkin, and butter and mix well.
Add to dry ingredients, mixing until thoroughly blended. Stir in nuts.
- Beat egg whites until stiff peaks form. Fold into batter. Pour 1 cup batter onto
hot, lightly oiled waffle iron. Cook for 3 to 5 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Repeat until all batter is used.
This post may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our disclosure policy.