Pumpkin Pecan Waffles
- 2 1/2 cups sifted cake flour
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 3 eggs, separated
- 1 3/4 cups milk
- 1/2 cup solid pack pumpkin
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine, melted
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- Heat waffle iron.
- In a large bowl, sift together dry ingredients.
- In a medium bowl, beat egg yolks. Add milk, pumpkin, and butter and mix well.
Add to dry ingredients, mixing until thoroughly blended. Stir in nuts.
- Beat egg whites until stiff peaks form. Fold into batter. Pour 1 cup batter onto
hot, lightly oiled waffle iron. Cook for 3 to 5 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Repeat until all batter is used.