Sour Cream Cardamom Waffles
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cardamom
- Dash of salt
- 2/3 cup milk
- 2/3 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine, melted
- 2 eggs, separated
- In a bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking powder, cardamom and salt. Combine milk,
sour cream, butter and egg yolks; stir into dry ingredients just until combined.
Beat egg whites until stiff peaks form; fold into batter.
- Bake in a preheated waffle iron according to manufacturer's directions until
golden brown (waffles will be soft).
- Serve with honey or syrup.