Sweet Potato Waffles
- 1 cup sifted flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons light brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon allspice
- 3 beaten eggs
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 1/2 cup sweet potatoes, cooked and mashed, or canned
- Heat waffle iron.
- Sift together the dry ingredients. Add in the remaining
ingredients. Don't over-mix the batter!
- Pour in enough batter to cover waffle iron. Remove when your waffle iron indicates
by the light that your waffle is done.
Yield: 6 waffles
Posted by Chyrel at Recipe Goldmine 7/31/2001 8:20 am.