Waffles with Warm Raspberry Syrup
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- 3 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons baking powder
- 8 large eggs, separated
- 3 cups milk
- 1 cup butter, melted
Warm Raspberry Syrup
- 7 cups raspberries, fresh or frozen (thaw slightly)
- 1 3/4 cups granulated sugar
- 2 1/4 cups water
- 1/2 vanilla bean, split or scraped, or 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup lemon juice
- Waffles: Sift flour, salt, sugar and baking powder into a bowl. Make a well in the center
of the ingredients.
- Whisk together egg yolks, milk and butter in a separate bowl. Pour the wet ingredients
into the well of the dry ingredients, stirring until just combined. The batter will
be slightly lumpy. Do not over-mix.
- Heat the waffle iron.
- Whip egg whites to soft peaks and fold into batter in two additions.
- Ladle 3/4 cup batter into the waffle iron. Cook waffles until crisp, golden and
cooked through, about 3 to 6 minutes per waffle.
- Warm Raspberry Syrup: Combine the raspberries, sugar and water in a saucepan and bring to a
simmer over medium heat. Cook until raspberries are soft, about 15 minutes.
- Strain the mixture. Pour the extracted juices into a saucepan; add the vanilla
bean, its seeds and the lemon juice. Simmer until reduced by half over medium-low
heat, 20 to 25 minutes. Pour over waffles.
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Waffle Recipes